College Football (2022 Season)
College football Saturdays are approaching faster than you think. The 2022 NCAA football season is slated to kick off on August 27 this year, nearly two weeks earlier than the NFL. For businesses eager to schedule programming around broadcasts of their local college’s games, summer is the right time to plan out this ad strategy and get your local advertisements ready for the 2022 college football season.
Last year’s college football season was a ratings bonanza, with the NCAA College Football Playoff drawing more than 22 million viewers for the championship game—a 19 percent increase over the prior year’s viewing audience. College football advertising opportunities are unique from NFL ads thanks to the sheer number of games broadcast nationally, regionally and locally. With dozens of games televised and broadcast over the radio on a typical Saturday, local businesses have plenty of options when targeting their ads to a relevant, local audience at any scale.
The earlier you develop your ad strategy for the college football season, the better prepared you’ll be to seek out high-value, high-impact advertising opportunities that will help you achieve your business goals. Contact Cox Media’s digital advertising experts to get started today.
2022 College Football Schedule:
- Start of 2022 College Football Season: August 27, 2022 on CBS, ABC, ESPN, FOX and more
- Conference Championship Games: December 2-3, 2022 on CBS, ESPN, and more
- Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) Playoffs: November 26, 2022 to January 7, 2023 on ESPN+ and ESPN
- College Football Bowl Season: December 17, 2022-January 2, 2023 on CBS, ABC, ESPN, FOX and more
- College Football Playoff Semifinal Games: December 31, 2022 on ESPN
- College Football Playoff Championship Game: January 9, 2023 on ESPN
Connect with a Marketing Expert
Stay On Top of the Newest Business and Marketing Insights
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get the latest industry information, business trends and marketing updates.
Connect With Your Local Marketing Expert
You know your business. We know advertising. Together, we can bring your business to more people. Contact a member of our team today. We’d love to help you grow.